Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2 week post op....

Can you say puree baby?? Yep, we're at stage 3.

Went to my follow up doctor appointment and everything is great!  They have me down 19 lbs since the 3rd of the month (when I went on fluids). I'll take it!

I made a ricotta bake for my first mushy food...yummmy!! I can eat about 2 ounces of it.  LOL  That's right...it makes me soooooo full!  Even Dr Trieu was amazed the restriction was working that well so soon. ;)   My incisions are healing nicely...no more bandages or packing gauze...AND I can exercise to whatever my comfort level is...well, hopefully beyond my comfort level to get some changes going on.  ;)

Yes, that is a regular teaspoon you see in that cup. And that is as much as I can eat at one time. :)

I haven't seen a big drop this week in weight, BUT I have noticed some changes in measurements...as in I lost a half inch off my neck...I literally lost a chin!  I also lost 1.5 inches off my waist!! whoot!  I'm averaging between 375 and 450 a day for calories...but you ask, how is the protein and water going?  Well, protein is not too bad...I'm getting between 50 and 60g a day...however, water is still a struggle...I was explaining it today...you see I used to be hungry all the time...I'd be hungry and I'd tell myself...drink some water.  I was getting in over 100 oz easy...but now...I have no hunger...or at least not very often.  I have nothing to prompt me...I have to REMEMBER to drink! ugh!  So I've only been averaging about 64 oz.  That's not terrible, but it's not great either.  Another goal to work on.

Jay has been keeping me company the last couple nights on my walks and that is much more fun.  I can tell I'm not as hydrated because I'm not in a rush to get to the bathroom half way through!! ;p

I just started taking some vitamins...we'll see how that goes...so two to four weeks of mushy foods or until I can get at least half of my protein in from solids.  It will be a process given I can only eat such a small amount...but Dr. Trieu told me today if I need to do 5 or 6 small meals to do it he would much rather I do that then push the sleeve so we'll see!

How are you all doing?? Getting your water? How about some exercise?  It's starting to get colder, is that effecting your exercise?? How about the dark? I'm not liking that!!  Hoping that your week goes well!

Thanks for staying with me!

~Mikki


No comments:

Post a Comment