Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A week out...

Soooo....it's been a week since surgery and where am I?  Well, I'm down 11 lbs in that much time so that's great.,..that means I've lost 35 lbs since starting this!  People are starting to say they can see the difference in my face. :)  What? No more play-do face?   The hubby says he can feel the difference in the boobs and ass...and let's face it that will help my health even more than my face!

So down side?  Well, as I mentioned on Friday it has been really hard getting 60 g of protein and a minimum of 64 oz of water in.  Sunday was the first day I made those numbers and of course it caught up with me.  Sunday was my worst day.  Coming home from the hospital I was rolling along on the IVs that they pumped into me. I felt great for days.  Sunday...I just felt beat.  I was cold and tired.  I really pushed through trying to get all those fluids in.

Monday I had work for a half day.  I was still tired when I got up.  I thought I might pass out in the shower.  I had Jay come and get me after work because I didn't want to drive.  I came home and went to bed.  Got up around 5pm and felt soooo much better!  What changed?  I had the liquid and protein in me.  That's it.  I always drink better at work, as we know, and I figured out getting the half scoop of protein powder in the soups often enough... plus...I got to see the grandbabies...that always makes me feel better! ;)

I'm glad I had today off.  It let me get a good walk in (back up to 3 miles!) and get lots of rest!  Plus got to see the short people again! :)  Now if I can just keep this going through the next 3 work days all will be good! :)

Do I have any regrets?  Jay has asked me a couple times if I do.  No,  I don't.  I can eat about 3 ounces at a time.  Does food sound good? Yes.  Does food smell good? Yes.  Do I have an uncontrollable need to eat? NO.  After I have my 3 ounces. I am full.  Sooo full.  I'm pretty sure that I will eventually be able to eat almost anything and I will still only be able to eat a few bites.  I will enjoy those bites but I will then be full.  Can I get a hallelujah??  No, I don't have any regrets. :)
This is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for staying with me...6 more days of liquids!

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment