Monday, September 15, 2014

this is definitely NOT the other side...yet...

Hi guys! Well, we did it! The big step...now it's getting through it and healing.

The pain is manageable...the pain wasn't really the problem.  It was the nausea...they had to try 3 types of nausea meds before they found one that worked.  In the meantime? Yeah I tried to throw up.  I do NOT like to throw up.  This is not today.  This is always.  It is my last recourse... I may have mentioned this before...and since I've had nothing but liquids for days?.... well, it was more just dry heaving.  Not a pleasant feeling when 80% of your stomach has been removed and you have a brand new staple line going the entire length of it.   That was the bad news.

The good news? The surgery went well.  I only have one little bandage over my belly button!!  Dr. Trieu said it went without a hitch.  I really don't have much pain (other than the dry heaving) of course that might be due to the morphine pump.  :)

The tag system that I thought was cool? well, it kept me in pre-op until recovery so I guess no one got to worry while I was in surgery. :)  The surgery was around a couple of hours...recovery not so quick.

Sorry if this is rambley...I'm on drugs you know... ;)

I have sexy compression socks on my legs and compression pumps there too that "massage" your leg to help prevent clots.  I did get two shots of heparin. One before surgery and one about 10 hours later. The catheter is the thing I dislike the most, but it will come out tomorrow morning.  My hands are too swollen to get my wedding band on, but my engagement ring is back where it belongs.

My throat feels like I am in the desert. I have a little sponge swob that I can wet and swirl around in my mouth.  It helps but not for long. Very glad I brought chap stick.   My daughter took pics of me...I said it was really sad that they make you come with no make up on so you look your worst! Oh well,  It's about getting healthy.

 I am so glad to be here and excited to move forward, but if anyone says that I chose "the easy way out" I may punch them in the throat. :)

This is gonna be short tonight guys.  Gotta head back to bed, but wanted to let everyone know I made it and how much I really appreciate all your support.

Thanks for following the ride.

~Mikki

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you! Glad to know you made it through and it seems that pump is working pretty well for you too. :) You take care of you...we will all be here when you get back. Ohhhh those stockings, they are just TOO sexy, aren't they? I still have my pair from my last surgery. LOL No liquids yet? No water to drink? When will they start letting you drink/eat? OK...I will stop with the questions and just let you heal and wait for the next blog, which I am sure will have all the answers to my questions. LOL HUGS!

    ReplyDelete