Sunday, September 14, 2014

"So Bring on the Rain"....

It's the last night with my "normal" stomach.  It's been almost 5 months since this little journey started...what have I learned?

Notables:


  1. 22 lbs comes off a lot harder than it goes on.
  2. I'm not really that much of a jello fan...
  3. I'm going to make mistakes...and that's ok
  4. I can now walk 3 miles without much of a problem, but if I want to walk much more than that I need to plan a route with a porta-potty.
  5. I don't really care that much about bread, but 3 months later I still miss chips every single day.
  6. I have wonderful, supportive friends and family which I love.
  7. You can only prepare so much, and then you just gotta live it...
  8. I am extremely grateful for the bariatric team I have, compared to some I've read about, I am lucky!
  9. My thin, tan shorts are now baggy enough to not show the poke-a-dot undies under them.
  10. oh! I now fit into the poke-a-dot undies! ;)
  11. I moved into the middle line on my bra snaps.
  12. I can bend down and tie my shoes without feeling like I'm going to pass out. ;)
I'm sure there are many, many more.  I may have mentioned some along the way.  :)

Going into tomorrow I really am excited to start this next new phase of my life. I don't think it's going to be easy...in fact, I'm pretty positive it's not.  This is not a magic bullet.  This will not changed head hunger.  This will not - by itself- change my attitude toward food.  I still have to do the work. Every day.

Every Single Day.

I think I'm ready.
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

cause you know me...
I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight ('cause)

Tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid
So bring on the rain 

I'll see you all on the other side!  Thanks for coming with me everyone! Your support is amazing! 

xoxo
~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment