Wednesday, September 10, 2014

only I can change Me...

Hi guys!! What's shaking?  Oh yeah, protein in my shakes!!  3 more day of this diet! Then 1 day of clear liquids....that's it people!! That's what's left!!  Holy Smokes! It's so close now you can see it!!  So for those of you that don't know, I had my pre-op visit today.  Well, holy cow did they take some blood!! LOL  I guess Dr. Trieu likes to be very thorough.  First they asked me a lot of questions.  Then they took urine.  They did a pregnancy test and urinalysis...then the request came through for all the other tests... the lady who was going to draw a couple tubes of blood in pre-op decided this was beyond what she was pre-pared to do and called the lab and blood bank ladies to come help.  So first they tapped an artery...that's where they took the blood from for my CO test.  (came back excellent by the way) And then they hit a vein for no less than at least 9 tubes!  I kind of lost track, but I know there were at least that many...see what happens when you throw a wrench into the works!

Ordinarily you have blood work done 2 weeks prior to surgery and then have a bit more done at pre-op; because we had to put a rush on everything to get in by the 15th Dr Trieu combined it all in this visit.  I tend to give blood takers a hard time...remember the scope IV incident?   But I have to say these people were both excellent.  No pain really and got it first try...I don't even think I'll bruise much. ;)

Days 5-8 haven't been too bad on the liquid diet.  I've settled into a pattern and I'm getting about 600 calories a day.  I have been avg 70g of protein and under 50g of carbs...so pretty much ideal for weight loss.  Oh...that reminds me... I got weighed today.  On the big scale.  She took off two pounds for clothes.  That number?  It's 21 lbs less than when I started this little trip in April!!!  21 lbs....that's freaking 84 sticks of butter!!!!  :)   It means I've lost 4 pounds in a week.  Ok, I can deal with the liquid thing a little better now. ;)

I didn't quite hit 10,000 steps tonight (9,369) but I have several times this week and I just hit the 250 mile trophy on my fitbit.  Yeah, you read that right...all those little steps have amounted to 250 miles!! Who'd have thought??

I stopped and filled the prescriptions that Dr. Trieu had given me for after the surgery.  The stomach one wasn't bad...with insurance it was about $4, the liquid pain med?....$93!!!!!!!!! OucH!

Had to wait in line at the bank tonight so I didn't get to the town office before they closed...why the town office you ask? Well, it turns out that the advaced Directive needs to be notarized.  So that's now on my list to do tomorrow.  As well as picking up more cheddar soup...oh! the trick to the soup?  Heat your water separately...while that is heating up put your soup powder in a bowl and add an ounce or so of tap water to stir in and make a paste.  Now, when you add your hot water it doesn't clump. ;)  It is actually about my favorite thing.  I think because so many of these weight loss things are sweet...I like something savory for a change.  The broth has been a nice snack too...it doesn't have much value, but it's warm and salty and fills you up a bit.  The sugar free jello and Popsicles are fun, but I don't know how filling they're gonna be on Sunday when I can only do clear liquids...pray for Jay that day. ;)  Hopefully I'll be so busy thinking about getting ready for the next day it will just fly by.  



Alana has promised to post updates for those of you that follow along on my facebook page.  I will take my laptop with me and try to blog Monday after surgery if all goes well.    Keep me in your prayers guys.  If all goes well, I'll be on the other side soon. :)

Remember to keep hydrating and Squeeze your Butt!!

Thanks for following along!
~Mikki

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy things are moving right along for you! You are my inspiration, every time I hit a road block (which there have been many lately), I think of you and it keeps me going. :) So, THANK YOU! I will be keeping you all in my prayers. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh! That is so sweet! Thank you! I said when I started this blog if I could be of help to just one person it would be worth it. I'm so happy that you are pushing through and working towards getting healthy. HUGS back!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring- getting my goosies just thinking about it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete