Tuesday, June 3, 2014

whoa...vacation is bad news! but oh so fun! ;)

Hi! Did you miss me? Sorry for the break.  The laptop we took on vacation with us is barely breathing and I didn't take the time to blog.

I went in to vacation having lost 5lbs since this all started.  Well, good thing! I gained back 3.5! Yikes! That was easy.

I found vacation brought out good and bad behavior...first the bad...

1. I did not get all my water in.
2. I did get more alcohol in. ;)
3. I did not do my crunches.
4. Portions at restaurants are huge!
5. Apparently laying in the sun does not burn calories.
6. I did not eat breakfast most days.



now, I'm proud to say there was some good...

1. I focused on chewing and eating slow.
2. because I ate slower I left food on my plate.
3. I walked every day.
4. I did not stress about anything for several days (then the cat got an abscess and we had to have our daughters deal with that and the vet, so there was a little)
5. I had some really good food... well I guess that could go under bad as well...
6. I did limit my coffee intake to one a day.

One of the best things?  I got the call to schedule my psych eval!  It's July 14th after work.  Seems so far away I know, but time will go by fast I'm sure.  The "paperwork" online to fill out was crazy.  Took me almost an hour.  They really want to make sure I understand what I'm signing up for I guess.

Now that we're back, what have I done?  Ok, I'm back to the crunches (ouch! should not have taken a week off) and I've started protein shakes.  Just for breakfast.  8 ounces of coconut almond milk, 2 scoops of powder and a pinch of nuts and coconut flakes and 5 or 6 ice cubes.  I love, love, love my ninja that I can mix it up in (20-30 seconds).  It holds me about 5 hours...but then, I am STARVING!

So, vacation life has shown me that I really need to get into good patterns before we retire in two years.  Taking a day to splurge is one thing...a week is something else!

Thank you for taking the time to read and support me.  I can not tell you how much all the wonderful comments have meant to me.  :)

~Mikki


No comments:

Post a Comment