Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's day to all the dads and single moms out there! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

I'm doing pretty good getting my water in this weekend.  AND I'm doing better at not having bread and mixed foods.  Let me tell you, it's not as much fun eating foods one thing at a time. I'm sure it will get better. I worked on a new recipe tonight. Zucchini Parmesan crisps.  They weren't too bad. :)

I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost the vacation weight I had regained.  So I'm the lowest since we started this trek in April.

I haven't walked for two days because of the rain (yes, an excuse I agree) but I did walk tonight and got my time down to 11 minutes!!  I impress myself.   LOL  Now, I guess I can move up the distance.  

We have had some stress this week with our cat missing, but we've had a bit of good news that he might have been turned into the humane society!  We can go see if it's him in the morning.  As you all know I tend to gain when under stress so I'm pleased to see I have lost some.

I've been a bit tired...hoping that all this protein will help me with energy soon.

My husband admitted he's a little nervous about my surgery.  Not about me taking this step, he's supportive, but the actual surgery is scary.  Hopefully the kids will be with him when the time comes to keep him calm.  We're trying to figure how I'm gonna sleep when I get home. I do have a wedge my mom gave me when I was having a bronchial issue a couple years ago, but I have read most people need to sleep in a recliner at first.  It's hard to lay down and you can't sleep on your stomach at all.  I guess we'll try it and see how it goes.  He's hoping to take a few days off when the time comes to help me with everything.

It feels like it's been forever since there's been progress...I'm glad the support group is Monday.  I want to feel like steps are still happening.  It makes the waiting easier.  Kind of whiny, huh?  Sorry.  I know it's a process.

People who know I love wine have asked if I will be able to drink it "after".  Yes, eventually I will.  It brings up the topic of alcohol though.  This is not an option for people who are serious drinkers.  You have to be able to give up alcohol for at least 3 months and really limit any consumption after that.  If this is an issue for you then you will have a problem with this surgery. I'm hoping I will still be able to enjoy a half glass a few months down the road.

So, no smoking, no drinking. This is a journey toward health and that means all the way around.  This means so many different things for so many different people.  I hope those reading this can look and see if you are on the road you want to be on.  If not? Take one small step in a new direction.  The whole journey is just made up of little steps.  When we look back 6 months from now, we'll be able to see how amazing all that we've accomplished is. ;)

Thanks for coming along!
~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment