Friday, July 4, 2014

squeeze your butt!!

Good morning people!! I know, I'm sorry I haven't posted lately.  Not a lot new to report really. So this is just checking in with all of you.

Happy 4th of July! It's a long weekend, and we all know that weekends tend to be harder to get the water in for me...how are you doing??  I'm behind..no shocker there, huh?  I have one in front of me now though so I'm working on it.

I made some protein powder infused pudding this morning.  I read about it. You mix the instant fat-free, sugar free pudding mix with the protein powder first then add the milk to the mix.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will be a yummy way to add protein.  I'm getting plenty right now, but trying to figure out ways to get more once I'm limited on quantity.  Plus the variety of getting some with a treat is a fun thing to look forward to.

I still haven't had any chips. Yes, this is pretty amazing.  Something that has helped is finding Nut-thins. They are nut & rice snacks.  16 crackers are only 130 calories (not that I count calories right now, but for those that do), they are wheat and gluten free and have 2g of protein. It gives me that little bit of crunch without any saturated fat. :)  Yes, I am waiting for 3 Diamond to give me sponsorship money...j/k.



I've been averaging a little over 6000 steps a day.  Not fabulous, but better than sitting on the couch. :)
How are you doing on your walking? or biking? or yoga? or whatever your routine is?   It's funny, for the first time since I started this, I've actually had two people ask me in the last week if I were really sure I wanted to do surgery.  They weren't trying to discourage me...they were honestly asking if I had completely thought through all the possible side effects and really felt there was not an other way?

My answer? Yes. I am sure. I have no doubts.  Is it scary? Sure. Am I researching as much as I can to try and make it as successful as I can? Yes.  I'm sure part of it is that I'm not much of a second guesser. When I make a decision for myself I'm usually pretty set on it.  I don't vacillate a lot. But mostly, it's that I really know I need to do something that will help me make a permanent change.  Diabetes and heart disease run in my family.  It is not a matter of if, but when something weight related is going to take me down if I don't do something.  I've been on the see-saw for the last 27 years.  Time to be good to me.

Do you take time for yourself?  I know it's hard.  We all have so little time. We have constant pulls on it from work, or family, or community.  But it is important to take time for you.  Sleep! Make sure you are getting enough. Breathe! Make sure you have a few minutes to relax your mind and body.  Hydrate! Your body needs water to flush itself and do constant repairs. And try to take a few steps toward some type of exercise. Something to get your blood flowing and your heart pumping.  You'll thank you for it later! :)

Don't forget to squeeze your butt!!

Come on July 14th!   Thanks for reading!
~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment