Monday, July 7, 2014

fitbit flex...

So as some of you already know, my wonderful hubby bought me a fitbit!!  I'm still learning how to work all the features but so far it's very cool!!

It also syncs with myfitnesspal which is where I log all my food and water! Last night I tried sleep mode. OH MY!  We turned off the light to go to sleep at 11:00pm...and I stopped hitting snooze :) at 4:37am.  5 hours and 37 minutes, right?  Well, here's the thing...according to my little monitor it took me 12 minutes to go to sleep. Times awakened? 39!! So really I only got 3 hours and 48 minutes of actual sleep time.  whoa...no wonder I don't have extra energy!!  Besides carrying around an extra 80-100 lbs I am not getting any uninterrupted sleep!

Besides giving all that info, it does fun stuff like sending me little celebrations when I hit a goal...I got a badge for my first 5000 steps and a happy dance for hitting my goal of 6800 steps yesterday! I know, I know, it's still a long way from 10,000 but it's a lot better than 2,000 where I started! ;) You can also join up with friends to compete and I'm sure all kinds of other things I haven't figured out yet.

One more tool to help with the battle! I might not win every skirmish but you know I'm gonna make a hell of a dent in the war.  :)

How is everyone doing?  I must confess I didn't hit 100 oz of water each day over the long weekend. But I'm back today!!  One week until my psych eval!! woot woot!! 1 WEEK!!   I could know in 3 weeks when my date will be! Can you tell I'm excited? yep yep!

The scale is not really moving...but that means it's not moving up either so I'm ok with that. I moved down another belt hole so progress is happening.  Just a little bit at a time...10 lbs in a month? I'll take it! If I can do that even after surgery I'll consider it good. :)  But really, that's not what is about is it? It's that I can walk two miles without having to stop and pant...it's that I can bend over to tie my shoes without my face turning purple...it's knowing that I don't have to worry about buying even larger clothes....it's knowing that I'll be able to fit into the RV shower! :)  The scale? That's just a number, it's life I'm working on!

Keep up the good work people! I'm so impressed with all of you that have made changes in the last month! I love seeing it (or hearing about it).  ;)

and remember..... SQUEEZE YOUR BUTT!!

Thanks for staying with me!

~Mikki



No comments:

Post a Comment