Thursday, July 17, 2014

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!!

whoa... this whole hydrating thing? Kinda dangerous...all I can say is don't sneeze close to the end of your walk after hydrating all day! Barely made it to the bathroom!!

So today was it! Had the psych eval!  550 true or false questions to start...really don't want to see those little answer circles for a long time to come!  After that was complete I went upstairs to talk with the psychologist.  She was nice. Basically just went over the paperwork I had done online.  Asked me if I had any questions about anything. She did a lot of nodding.  She seemed to agree that I had my expectations where they should be.  Didn't really say a whole lot.  We ended a half hour early.  I don't know if I did the questions faster than most or just talked faster. :)

She said it would be two weeks for them to fax over the results and recommendations to the bariatric center.  From there it gets sent to my insurance along with proof of all my other steps and we wait for approval.  All that I can find on Harvard Pilgrim says that they are great about processing quickly so I hope that is true.  As soon as I have the approval then they set the date for surgery!! How exciting!!

I stayed on plan yesterday when we went out to celebrate our anniversary.  I had water to drink and some baby-back ribs and coleslaw.  No bread and no alcohol.  Not bad.  :)

Oh, did I mention I lost another pound? Down 13 so far.

That is

a bowling ball
a bald eagle
a typical 3 month old baby 
or 4 boxes of wine!!!

That's like 52 sticks of butter!!!


No wonder I can walk a couple miles easier than I could a month ago. :)

Still not dieting! ;)  I do still have to work at the hydrating thing..on going battle I guess.  Oh, just a side note...sugar free Hershey's syrup is great in protein shakes!  :)
Oh Yeah! I tried one of the chew able vitamins too and no nausea!  So here's hoping I can handle those. :)

Thanks for staying with me!

~Mikki

2 comments:

  1. I know too well about the sneezing issue. lol I am so happy for you...one step closer. YAY! Great job on the weight loss too! :) I have started my journey...go for the seminar on Aug 18th. I started the insurance hoop jumping almost 5 months ago, so hopefully my insurance company will be cooperative. lol Again, thanks for sharing your journey with us all! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on scheduling your seminar!!! yay!!! very exciting! ;)

    ReplyDelete