Tuesday, July 22, 2014

17.75 miles...

From last Monday to yesterday I walked 17.75 miles.  A total of 43, 214 steps.  Not bad since I was on vacation after last Tuesday and we all know I tend not to do as well on vacation! :)  

I am doing better than last vacation tho...working on that water!  Walked 3.25 miles today.  Have I mentioned I love my fitbit?? It makes it more fun (a little bit) to exercise when you can track what you've done so well.

We went to the clam festival and ..... I had a doughboy....BUT! I had some haddock first so I did get protein in and I have to say while I know there probably won't be many doughboys in my future after surgery, it was freaking delicious... I had it custom made extra thin so it would be crunchy...yummmy!!  ;)   The best part? We walked enough around the festival to burn all the calories and I didn't gain any weight from it! ;)

We went to the movies to see "Sex Tape" and you'll be pleased to know that the popcorn tasted like crap...didn't eat much of it at all...and only a sip of the soda...that was yucky too.  The movie was hilarious if you like that kind of slapstick humor.  It really is true that if you stop putting crap into your body it starts wanting good stuff.  I'm still loving the flavored stevia and the sugar-free Hershey's syrup for different flavors in my protein shakes.  It's so good to know that when I'm on the liquid diet I will still have stuff I like the flavor of at least.

Thursday is my last dietitian visit...Monday is the last support group that I NEED to go to for insurance, but I really like them so I might go to more...the only thing left that is mandated is two trainer visits which don't get scheduled until I have a surgery date.  And then...it's just pre-op stuff!!  6 steps left of the 15 I started with, but all dependent now on the insurance approval.  so we wait....

How is your week going??  Sneaking in any treats? Getting your water in?  Are you walking?  Sleeping??  Can't forget to get enough sleep! Your body can't heal and help itself without that! :)  I'm loving the sun! And that helps me hydrate too!   Thanks for hanging in there with me waiting for the insurance approval!
Hang on! It's getting closer! ;)

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment