Saturday, May 3, 2014

weekends lead to weak willed moments...

Yikes!  I'm only on my 3rd bottle of water today!

I'm not sure why weekends are harder...I do get up later...and have more coffee (something I am NOT looking forward to cutting back on).  It might be because I don't talk as much.  At work there are always phones to answer and people to help.  Keeps me thirsty.

Today was a good day though.  We went to our youngest grandchild's ice skating show.  It was fun and fabulous to watch.  I can't wait until climbing the bleacher is easier to do.  And sitting on the bleachers.  And walking to the bleachers... well, you get the idea.  Oh, minor victory... I didn't eat an ice cream off the ice cream truck outside. :)



My daughter mentioned that the picture and description of the Sleeve kind of grossed her out...but she does have a better understanding of what's involved now.  Mission accomplished...the informed part, not the grossed out thing...

We started talking about shopping (which I hate) and I mentioned I don't want to buy any more clothes until I'm losing weight...do you think that is realistic?  I might have 6 months before I even have the surgery (please let it be quicker than that!).  I think I can make it.  I did just buy a couple of summer things to get me through vacation.  Who knows, maybe once I've lost the weight I'll like shopping more...but I doubt it. ;)



11 days until my consult.  Seems like a long time but I'm sure it will go fast.  Had a friend tell me that Dr. Trieu is wonderful.  I love hearing that reassurance that this will be a great experience.

My world seems full of numbers... 20 days until vacation, 803 days until retirement, and 82 lbs to lose.

I know its all gonna fly by.  :)  Have a great weekend everyone.

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment