Friday, May 9, 2014

a half cup...

half-cup

  [haf-kuhp
noun
half of a cup, equal to 4 fluid ounces (0.1 liter) or 8 tablespoons.


I keep thinking about how I will be full after a half cup once I have this surgery.  It seems so hard to fathom.  I made lasagna tonight


I love lasagna...I can eat 2 or 3 plates at a time.  So I set my half cup out so I could see what it's gonna be like.  

Deep breaths.... I can do this.  It won't matter because I won't be hungry, right?  

I'm a bit scared of the pre-surgery diet.  I know I'll have a goal, but I'm gonna feel like I'm starving.  Just like all those other times I've tried to diet and failed. 
This time will be different.  This time its not a temporary fix. This time it's the first step to a different life.  Because you know why?  After the WLS I can still have lasagna!  It won't be two plates, it will be 8 tablespoons.  And its gonna taste fan-damn-tastic!

I think we all get scared when things are important, right?  But that just means it's gonna be worth it in the end.  
A half cup? It will seem like a lot!  So I get the best of both worlds.

Have you drank your water today?  Bottoms up!

:) ~ Mikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment