Tuesday, May 13, 2014

getting real now...

I got the confirmation call yesterday...my consult is tomorrow.  So the real deal begins.

I've been pretty good this week about drinking my water...a friend asked me today about drinking water after the surgery.  Yes, you still need to get that much water in but you obviously can't gulp it.  It's about drinking consistently throughout the day.

I said good bye to ice cream last night.  Not for ever hopefully but for the foreseeable future anyway.  I had grape-nut.  It was yummy.

Tomorrow I have to start paying attention to calories.  Yuck.  I hate that.  But that's part of the deal.  I need to start a food journal too. Awareness of what I put in my mouth will be a big deal from now on.  I need to start paying attention to how much protein I am eating because it will be much better after the surgery if I know what things are safe to eat.

Sooo... yeah, it's getting real now.

I had a great Mother's day this past weekend.  I hope all you moms out there had a good one too.  Life really is good.

I can't wait to tell you all what tomorrow will bring.  Got any questions for him??

:)

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment