Wednesday, April 30, 2014

moving forward...

Just one day at a time...

The paperwork came in the mail today.  More information about what the steps are before I can schedule a date.

It sounds like the psych eval slows things down...takes weeks to get an appointment and then they say allow 3 weeks for the notes to get back to them...I have to meet with the trainer twice and the support group 3 times...Its a process for sure.

The personal health history asks me to circle all that apply for food preferences...so basically I'm leaving out seafood.  Everything else sounds pretty damn good.  I don't drink a lot of soda so that's good.
My abs are sore from exercising.

A lot of people seem to have never heard of the sleeve...

so, see that big part? yeah, that's what gets removed.  Then they staple vertically down the small banana shaped section creating a "sleeve".  Neat, huh?  It keeps the digestive track the way it should be though.  Before the surgery your stomach is about the size of a football...after...a bit smaller than a banana.

Did I mention my abs hurt?  That's a good thing, right?? ;)

It will take 6 weeks post surgery to know what foods I'm able to tolerate.  By a year I should be able to eat any where from a half cup to almost a whole cup total.

They recommend 3 meals a day with this surgery.  If you need to snack then you can have a fruit or starch but you have to get your protein in at your meals.  65g for women and 80g for men a day.  When you can only eat a few ounces you can see why they tell you to eat the protein first.

I don't know how many of these details are of interest to anyone but me, but of course right now I am in mega research mode.  So I hope you're willing to bear with me as I spend the next few weeks spilling what I learn! ;)

Have your drank your water today?? Even if you don't need to lose a pound you should! So lets get hydrating.

Thanks for reading!

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment