Monday, April 28, 2014

Heart of the Matter...

I got the call today...

Yep! I have my consult date with Dr. Trieu.  Only have to wait two weeks to get this shindig started!

Everyone seems surprised that I am so excited.  I can't help myself.  It's not even  the thought of losing weight so much as the hope of not being hungry!  I've heard that there are these people out there that don't get hungry...that actually forget to eat...I don't think I've ever met one...but I've heard about them.  It's a mystical thing!

So, I did well this morning -  got up and spent twenty minutes on exercise and I've taken in more than 70 oz of water so far today.  I am not counting calories, or carbs right now.  I have two weeks before I officially start.  I'm not planning on splurging during that time either, just being moderate and working on the things that I need to really get into a good habit of....like the exercise and water.

The bariatric center sent me an email to do a digital update on my information.  They wanted me to list the diets I've done.  wow.  I stopped at 5 or 6 because I couldn't remember the names of all the ones I've tried.  Now I can say I'm done dieting. How could you not be excited about that?  Yes! Yes! I know that there will still be work.  That I will still need to keep track of what goes in my mouth, but to be able to do that without fighting how hungry I feel? That will be awesome.

So when my will gets weak, my tummy will keep me strong.  And as long as I keep exercising, when I slip my body will forgive me.

I will keep you posted as things happen.  Thanks for sticking with me.

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment