Sunday, April 27, 2014

Queen of DeNial...

    It happened to me again today...I wonder if it has happened to you? You catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror or glass door and you have to do a double take... there is no possible way that is you. But it is.

     I have this picture in my head of myself.  I have added weight to it over time (I'm not completely delusional) ;)  but it has certainly not kept up with the real thing.  Come to think of it, age really has been good to this mental image too...

   What's that saying? I wish I were as fat as I was when I first thought I was fat.  yeah.  I always look back at pictures that, at the time, I thought were awful and now I'm like, wow, I wasn't half bad! *grin*

     My doctor asked me on Friday, "Are you getting exercise?" I said quickly "well, it was an aerobic workout getting lotion on my feet and legs today after the shower..."  ahem...maybe you had to be there...

     It's really hard to exercise when you're FAT plump.  You have no energy. You're tired all the time.  Get up early? ...it takes so much less energy to hit this here snooze button...oh yes...that's much more comfy...
After work? Are  you kidding?  Its all I can do to lift this here wine glass...

     So, they say small steps, right?  Today I started drinking water. I usually have some at work, but today I focused on drinking water.

     Tomorrow...
    I start with this bad boy.  Isn't it a beautiful blue color?  My old one was silver. (not as fun) It popped. Awhile ago now...ahem...we won't discuss just how much of awhile ago.  I used to do 50 crunches every morning.  I'm really not sure when that stopped...I'm pretty sure it was before it popped.  :)

     So tomorrow I have a date with big blue.  What are you doing tomorrow?  Are  you getting your water in?  Do you know how much protein you've had for the day?  No? Do you need to?  Maybe you don't, but if you see me, ask me if my belly hurts...I'm sure it will!!

Thank you for reading.

~Mikki

1 comment:

  1. It's so true...my picture of myself is way different than my reflection...or what has been the eye opener for me lately is PICTURES. Ugh....i have been in 2 weddings in the last 8 months and I cringed (more so at the most recent) pictures from them...i literally sat there starring at them and said, "holy $#!+...that is really what I look like...THAT is what people see when they see me...". That's when I finally decided, ok. White flag. I need help with this!

    ReplyDelete