Saturday, April 26, 2014

Waiting for the call...

Wow!! Feeling completely blessed by all the support. I am very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.

So now its all about waiting...

My doctor faxed the records to bariatric center yesterday.  I am now waiting for the call to meet with the surgeon.  Hopefully this week! :)

Then the real process begins and so does more waiting!
1. consult with dietician...oh low Carb I'm your bitch yet again!

2. consult for psychological eval (hope they stay on subject or that could be fun!)

3. attend 3 support groups

4. (AND the BIGGY) receive insurance approval... I say this is big not just because of the coverage but because this can be the most time consuming.  I am told it could take 3-6 months depending on the insurance.  Its not so much that they have a problem with the procedure, I already know my company covers this, its how many handlers they have processing this type of claim. If they only have one I guess it can take awhile...I hope they have 12...just kidding...well, maybe not.

5. meet my trainer (if you're expecting them to teach me to sit up and behave think again), they get to teach me an exercise program that will work right for me.  Poor smuck doesn't know what they're in for.

6. OH! Did I mention I can't gain any weight during this process? Yeah for some silly reason they expect you to be serious about this and pay attention to what you eat. YIKES! keep me on track people!

7. Have the final consult with the surgeon. This is where he would do a nicotine test if I were a smoker to make sure I'd quit smoking. Smoking is a huge no-no for gastric surgery.  Think of everything trying to heal in there and then think about smoking choking off your capillary arteries that send the blood to heal the tissue...yeah, its not a good combination.  SSSSOooooooo glad I don't have that hurdle too.

8. Meet with the bariatric center's coordinator to get my date!!! woot!

So, right now I'm waiting. I'm trying to be patient. And I'm being very, very grateful that I have all of you in my life to make the waiting a little easier.

Thanks for staying with me.
~Mikki





No comments:

Post a Comment