Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hold everything...I seem to have lost an adjective...

That's right people, not only have I managed to not dive face first into the Doritos and gain stress weight...I have lost 1.5 pounds...which means I am no longer "morbidly" obese!

Just plain ol' obese here hanging out...  :)

Which of course is fantastic, unless I have to start over at this whole process.  You remember I said I need to have a BMI of 40 if there were no other weight related health issues?  Yeah, well I'm down to 37.9.  Still excessive amount of weight. There is not question about that.  I am certainly hoping that the insurance will just go by my original weight as they say they will,

So for those that don't know, HP (Havard Pilgrim) did actually reach out to me and they are trying to get the hospitals to work work with me on what I have already done.

You know how I said I was struggling to see a message?  Well, my mom has decided that the message is: Thank goodness it happened to me.  I know, right?  LOL  But her point is she knows if there is any chance to fight this, I will do it.  If it had happened to some other poor person they might not have had the fight to take it on.  And....HP has already agreed to change their policy to make sure to include the hospital information when they respond to any request about weight loss surgery in the future so I guess she is right about creating progress.  I don't mind paving the way, but I'd really like them to work with me and not have to repeat any steps.

The supervisor seemed to catch on right away that since my deductible is about met, doing all these steps again would now be out of their pocket.  Isn't it amazing how money can motivate?  I know it does me! :)

She seemed to think it should just be a simple matter of record review and any additional steps they require and then getting on with scheduling the surgery.  I hope she makes progress.  She is also encouraging me to go ahead and appeal my denial with Maine General, and is sending me the paperwork to get started on that.  I'd really, really love to just have it done here.  My surgery date would have been Oct 6th....

If I win powerball tonight it might be anyway...to hell with the insurance approval!!  What? I know!!  Sacrilege!!

I still like the flavored steevia in my protein shakes...still not eating bread or pasta...no chips since June 10th! Baby steps...before you know it I'll be telling you I'm just overweight!! ;)

Thanks for staying with me on this bumpy ride!

~Mikki

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you in your journey with the hospital! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete