Sunday, December 28, 2014

3.5 months out...

Hey guys...thought I'd catch up.

Interesting times.  Today I reached a goal.  Not a goal I set with the surgery.  This was a goal I set back when.  Back when I thought I didn't have any other way. Back when I thought that today's weight would (maybe if I was lucky) be the lowest I could ever hope to see again at my age.  Of course when I set that goal...many years ago... I weighed a significant amount LESS than I weighed when I started this journey.  62 pounds lost today.  And you know what?  I still have 25 more to go...and I believe it can happen!  I think that may be one of the best things about my sleeve.  It's given me hope back that I can achieve a healthy weight.   After all, I'm technically still obese...and this was the best I could hope for?  Silly me.

Other things...life does teach one not to get too cocky... I tried some ginger ale yesterday.  You know, gotta push those boundaries to see what still applies...  it seemed to go fine...until about 1 am when it decided to return as pure acid that creeped back up my throat...oh I believe them now...NO SODA!  Didn't need it any way but I get it! Thanks!

My face is starting to get the drawn look just a bit...but no worries it will shift around and fill back in...see the above adjective if there is any doubt in the need to continue to lose.  I was pretty excited to get into new pants that are 5 sizes smaller than I started...not gonna lie :)

I don't really have a size goal...where ever I end up when I hit the weight goal will have to do... I have been extremely lazy with the holidays here...need to get moving again.  Would love to think that it will stay warm but this is Maine so I won't hold onto that dream...

How is everyone doing?  No great and awesome resolves about weight or exercise for me...it's just to keep taking small steps and continue to drink water...after all, it's working! ;)

Happy Holidays everyone! Thanks for coming along.

~Mikki

3 comments: