Monday, November 24, 2014

NSV...oh...and some scale stuff too...

Hey Guys!  I hope everyone is doing great!  It's almost the end of November! How crazy is that??  I can't believe I started this whole journey back in April...this year has flown by!

This week I want to look at something sleevers call NSV (non scale victories).  I know I have mentioned some of these along the way...being able to breath easier...able to bend over and tie my shoes without passing out...those kind of things...but...

I reached a milestone today...that's right...I finally hit 50lbs lost!  I know, your thinking "you just said non scale" but that made me think about the things that are better...

I bought a new belt...and it's only got one hole left to go already...
I bought new pants...and while they do fit, they are already getting roomier....
when I went to the hot tub I realized my swimsuit is huge on me....
I wore heels to work again!!
Also,  I bought a new bra for $14.99!!!!  Now some of you may not know how exciting that is, but let me tell you...for us bigger girls that's a freakin deal right there!!!

I've lost 6 inches off my waist and 6 inches off my hips.
My husband says he can actually put his arm around me when we're walking now.
My daughter's friend said she hardly recognized me!
I can fit into my leather coat again.
but...
by far...
the most awesome NSV came Sunday morning...
When a lady that has been following my progress messaged me to say she got her approval letter from the insurance company and she will be having her surgery the middle of January!!! How amazing is that?

I am so grateful for all the supportive people in my life that have helped me and motivated me along the way.  I am grateful to my bosses for providing insurance (especially since a bill came in today and the pharmacy billed them $27,689.50). Yeah, that was just labeled pharmacy!  I am grateful to my mom and dad for encouraging me to do this and believing I could. I am grateful to my husband and children who have never doubted me.

I am very aware that many people have to try and do this on their own.  I hope this blog can offer them a bit of sunshine along the way to show them all the rewards that come with the work.  50lbs!  In 7 months I have lost a good size child.  Only 37 more lbs to goal.  I love to think I can do that by my trip to Florida in May...we'll see... one step at a time, right??

thanks for sticking with me!

~Mikki

1 comment: