Saturday, November 15, 2014

2 months...

Hey all! Believe it or not it's been 2 months! Here is where I need you to help remind me that I'm gonna be happy with where I am...

Lost 8lbs this month.  That makes 25 lbs since surgery.  That makes 48 lb since the end of April.  As my husband mentioned...that's almost 2 twenty-five pound bags of dog food that I've lost!

Do I still hesitate when someone says "how much have you lost now?"  Yes, sadly I do.  It doesn't seem like it goes down that quickly now...wait...who am I kidding?  I have lost 48lbs in 6.5 months. Yeah!!
I have lost 25 lbs in two months!
I have lost 8 lbs in the last month!
If I lost 8 lbs for the next 6 months I would lose another 48 lbs!!  I only have 39 lbs left to lose!!!

I refuse to believe that I'm not doing a good enough job.  I am feeling and looking better.  I am not gaining weight.  I am getting healthy.  I am looking at food differently:

 Can you see that little square missing?? Yeah, that was my dinner...and you know what?  I am full!! FULL!!  WHOOOHOOO!!! Full! On that little bit!  I love my sleeve!

Tony (the trainer) accused me of being too hard on myself...I promised at the beginning of this that I would keep it real.

I've started a check list to keep track of the various things I need to do now...protein, water, vitamin, and different exercises...it's good to see the pattern of so many days per week. One of the biggest things we need to succeed is to vary what we do.  Visuals are really helpful.  How do you keep track?  Are you just guestimating?  Try writing it down for a few weeks and see how it comes out.  It may make you feel better to realize where you are at....or it might make you realize you're full of ...excuses....

It's just little steps. Nothing needs to be crazy... we're trying to get healthy, not drive ourselves crazy. Keep on keeping on people!  And thanks for staying with me!

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment