Friday, February 6, 2015

waiting for spring...

Good morning people!! How are you all doing??

We have snow up to our...ears... and it does not make me want to exercise!  Can't wait for warm weather!!

Let's catch up! How is everyone doing?  Getting your water in? Moving at all or stuck on the couch having winter blues?

I'm somewhere in the middle.  I have 20 lbs left to hit the "big" goal.  You know, the one that leaves me a window to gain some back eventually. These will be the hardest I'm sure.  We went to Boston at the end of January for the dental convention and I got some great walking in. Over 13000 steps each day.  It felt really good to get out but oh so cold!!

Went to see my NUT on Wednesday.  She was pleased with my progress. I am hitting my protein consistently with no problem. Water is always a challenge but we just keep plugging away, right?

She is encouraging me to get more veggies...since my capacity for food is still really good...so how do I eat more?  She is recommending I put them in my morning protein shake.  Hmmmm... not sure that I'm excited about this...but I'm gonna give it a try.  I'll let you know what kind of results I get.

One very exciting thing? I moved down to the skinny bracelet that came with my fitbit!  How cool is that, right? :)  I am now moderately overweight...which is tremendously superior to morbidly obese.  Found a yummy new bariatric snack "tasty bites" pizza flavored! They are a good size bag that is 140 calories and 10g of protein! Those are some good numbers!  I've also ordered something called "carbquik".  It's like bisquik, but has 90% less carbs.  We'll see if it's gross or not.  LOL

Elizabeth (NUT) also said my calorie intake is somewhat low.  I'm still averaging between 600-700 a day.  She wasn't too concerned but mentioned if I go into a stall and stop losing that I might need to kick my calories up a little to make sure my metabolism has enough fuel to work properly.  Obviously, on the days I have a glass of wine calories are not an issue!! ;)

I have a friend that I want to give a shout out to that has her surgery on Monday!  Good luck Lady!! I know you will do great! So proud of you for getting this far!  (She has already lost 25 lbs in her preparation for surgery!)  I know not all of you that read this blog need or want to have surgery, but for those of you considering it remember that those months of prep really, really help you to be successful!

Did I mention I got a new swimsuit?  Love it! ;)  Just 20 more pounds to go! Hang with me people...then we will enter the scary "maintenance" phase~ YIKES!

Have a great weekend everyone! Squeeze your butt!

~Mikki

No comments:

Post a Comment